Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Questions for Dr. Leo Gordon- Also Known As The Man Who Will Save My Life

In anticipation of tomorrow's meeting I have compiled a list of questions that I hope will help provide insight into my illness.




1.    Type, Stage, Prognosis?
2.
     How fast moving is this cancer? If we wait 2 weeks am I putting myself at risk?
3.
     How long have I been walking around with this?
4.
     What is the average length of time for treatment?
5.
     When do you determine when to radiate? What are the long term affects of radiation?
6.
     What is the treatment regimen? What is the format? 1 week on, 2 weeks off?
7.
     How will the Chemo regimen that you put me on in your opinion affect my fertility?
8.
     Do you want me to have a port?
9.
     Will I have a bone marrow biopsy? Can I be put to sleep for this procedure?
10.  What other surgical procedures if any do you anticipate me having?
11.  
 What are the side effects I can expect to experience from treatment?
12.  
 How does chemo affect my immune system? Will I need to avoid public spaces? Are there certain activities I need to abstain from?
13.
Does Chemo affect your libido? Are there sexual side effects I should be aware of. Are these temporary or permanent?
14.
What can I do now to help ease my symptoms? Headaches/fatigue/weakness?
15.
Will chemo affect my symptoms? Will I get relief from them through treatment?
16.
How much sleep should I be getting?
17.
Can I still work?
18.
Should I be exercising?
19.
Are there foods I should be eating or avoiding?
20.
Should I be abstaining from alcohol?
21.
When do most patients lose their hair?
22.
Do most shave before they start chemo?
23.
What are follow up visits like?
24.
What types of procedures are required during follow-ups
25.
How often do I get a pet scan
26.
Are there other tests or procedures to tell if treatment is working?
27.
What research has been done on how this is contracted?
28.
Is Neely at risk for getting this?
29.
What is the rate of reoccurrence? How likely am I to develop another form of Cancer?
30.
What types of support groups are offered for patients, family, friends?
31.
Will I ever be able to donate blood?
32.
Will I ever be able to donate eggs?



      What am I missing??? 
      Also- can someone explain to me how exactly I got on this crazy Cancer train????

No comments:

Post a Comment