Saturday, April 23, 2011

Help Me Kill Cancer in the Butt One Mile at a Time

On September 11, 2011, 4 months after the completion of my treatments, I will be running in the 15th Annual Chicago's 1/2 marathon with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society( LLS).

LLS is an organization that raises millions of dollars a year to fight blood Cancers. I have a special connection to LLS as it was responsible for discovering the drug Rituxin which has saved my life. I am forever grateful to LLS for their work in raising awareness and finding a cure for my disease.

I was never a runner before Cancer. I actually hated running. After my diagnosis I found running to be therapeutic because it allowed me to process my feelings and reconnect with a body that I no longer understood.

Throughout my treatment, I have been running 6 miles a session-one mile for every round of chemotherapy.

I ask that you join me in Killing Cancer in the Butt one mile at a time.


I am running this race for the Cancer Crushing Warriors that are fighting and desperately waiting for a cure.

I am running this race for your family and friends that have been cruelly touched by this disease.


And I am running this race for you- my army of supporters, cheerleaders, and dancers who have lifted me up and provided me with tremendous ammunition throughout my fight.


I encourage you to give generously.
To contribute to my campaign please go to



With affection and admiration,


Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment